June is Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month, so we want to share some tips for keeping your brain healthy and engaged. It is important that we do everything we can to help our brains thrive in order to avoid brain health problems down the line. Anyone can do these things and it is never too early or too late to start building these habits. A lot of these habits are also very relaxing and keep the rest of your body healthy too, especially your heart.
Tips for Keeping your Brain in Tip-Top Shape:
1. Have a regular exercise routine with plenty of cardiovascular exercise.
2. Continue your education through different college or extracurricular courses, work trainings, etc.
3. Keep your heart healthy.
4. Do everything possible to prevent brain injuries: wear a seatbelt, wear a helmet, etc.
5. Eat healthy, well-balanced meals everyday.
6. Get the right amount of sleep every night.
7. Take care of your mental health.
8. Do things that challenge your mind and body.
9. Maintain a healthy social life, go out and have fun with friends and family.
10. Be careful with your alcohol intake and do not smoke .
11. Do not eat too much sugar.
12. Minimize stress.