Do you have a longing to get out and do something, but can’t decide what to do? Here are some fun summer activities that everyone can enjoy.
1. Go take a dip in the pool.
2. Visit a local garden, like the Sarah P. Duke Gardens or the J.C. Raulston Arboretum.
3. Visit a museum.
4. Go fishing.
5. Visit a local farm.
6. Visit a local farmer’s market.
7. Do some gardening.
8. Go for a walk in the park.
9. Visit a local library.
10. Go window shopping downtown.
11. Go out for ice cream.
12. Take the kids/grandkids on a nature walk/hike.
13. Take a hobby (cake decorating, sewing, etc.) class at the local community center
14. Go for a picnic.
15. Visit an aquarium.
16. Take a shot at photography.
17. Volunteer somewhere like Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity, or as a reader at the library.
18. Go kite flying on a windy day.
19. Visit the state parks, there is a State Park Passport available to track which ones you have visited.
20. Try looking for buried treasure with a metal detector.
Whatever you enjoy or think you might enjoy, go out and do it! Just remember to keep safety first. Stay hydrated and well nourished. Stay as cool as possible and avoid going out on days when the weather is or could get dangerous.